Monday, February 6, 2012

Superbowl Sadface


Today I didn't tune in to the Today Show, because I know those smug bastards would be happily recounting the Giants' ignominious defeat of the Patriots. Boo hoo hoo. Boyfriend and I hosted last night's Superbowl watching event (on the menu: chicken wings and drumsticks, mini-tacos, chips, veggie platter, and alcohol). We were sadfaced after everyone left. Well, I was sadfaced; he was wearing the face of a serial killer. It was really surprising, though, that the Pats missed three bloody perfect throws from Tom Brady, who by the way suddenly became handsome in my eyes after last night. I used to not think of him as particularly good-looking, despite everyone else around me drooling over him. But there's something about the dark shadow of defeat that made him extra attractive...

Speaking of attractive, I have a Lasik consultation this afternoon! We shall see if I am a candidate for the treatment. Wikipedia has a complete video of the surgery halfway down this page. Oooh, I can't wait!

Anyway, if you haven't already, check out The Real Housewives of South Boston on YouTube. Perhaps a chuckle will wash away the bitter taste of defeat...

No comments:

Post a Comment