Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Light Books I Have Read Recently

It's Wine Wednesday! I've got a Malbec waiting for me at home.

In lieu of my joining Twitter, I will post my book reviews in 140 characters or less. You're welcome.

The books below take about three hours maximum to breeze through.



Suck It, Wonder Woman! (2010)

Olivia Munn reveals the gross insanity sometimes found in Hollywood, plus all the fun she has as a biracial TV personality with geek credit.

When You Ride Alone, You Ride with Bin Laden (2002)

Bill Maher points out that addressing oil dependency, religious extremism, and the War on Drugs will in fact help the war against terrorism.

Bossypants (2011)

Tina Fey talks about her childhood, improv, SNL, and 30 Rock (Alec Baldwin). Book’s title misleading; Fey is more workaholic than bossy.

***

Boy, that was unsatisfying. I had no space to talk about Munn's frank discussion about how her love of pie made her gain weight; Maher's belief that the US has been the nicest superpower in history so far; and Fey's anxiety that Sarah Palin would be booed by New Yorkers when she came to the SNL studios.

Oh, well! Mayhap the time for overspeaking be over?

No comments:

Post a Comment