Sunday, May 10, 2015

My First Mother's Day!

To start the day, Fragrant Husband took Fragrant Junior into the other room so I could catch another couple hours of sleep. Once I shambled out of the bedroom, Hubby made French toast (my request from the day before). Over breakfast, he explained his new bacon-cooking technique, because he is the best.

Since it was gorgeous out, we took Junior out for his first swim. It was only 10am but he had already pooped twice, so we figured it would be safe to slap a cloth diaper on him (new swim diapers en route). After slathering him in sunscreen, Hubby and I took turns floating him around. He had fun, I guess? In any case, he was very fetching in his shark bathrobe.

Back in the apartment, Junior immediately passed out from the excitement. I did, too! Knowing my tendency to dawdle, Hubby tricked me by saying we had to leave for dinner at 3pm so we would have time to walk around the wharf. We ended up leaving at 3:30, as per his (accurate) calculation.

Dinner was at Legal Harborside, because I specifically said I wanted lobster. Alas, the prix fixe Mother's Day menu only had lobster soup, but that was okay! I had the "treasures of the sea" (crab claws, shrimp, oysters), the striped bass, and chocolate pudding. Hubby had the lobster soup, lamb loin, and parfait. Junior stole bread from my hand and gnawed on it for a while, then focused on trying to get all the ladies to look at him. I am not even kidding -- he was baby-yelling at women, and then beaming when they looked over. I'm so proud.

Then we walked 45 minutes back to our place. Apparently, being pushed around / carried for that long was incredibly exhausting for Junior, who pitched an epic fit when Hubby gave him his bath. Junior was so upset that he was red in the face from screaming while his whole fist was in his mouth. I then nursed him (skin-to-skin, as Hubby suggested), and he calmed down. He promptly resumed melting down when I put him in his crib. I got him calm and rolling around, then tiptoed off like a ninja.

He started screaming again very shortly after, and when I went in, he was sitting up!!! It was the first time he has sat up from a supine position, and he was overwhelmed by his amazing feat. He was babbling hysterically and yet sleepily while I marched him back and forth the room, possibly saying "ermehgerd mom did you see that i am on the precipice of crawling!!!" ...Now he's snoring away.

The day ends with a super tense episode of A Game of Thrones. My book knowledge is now almost useless. Ah well.

TL;DR: WHEEEEEEEEEE OM NOM NOM 

This post brought to you by love!

No comments:

Post a Comment