Saturday, April 20, 2013

Bride Power, Make Up!!!

Now that the danger appears to be over, we return to our regularly scheduled fluffy programming. Today's post: turning beast into bride!

Last weekend, Special K and I ventured into Sephora for my beauty appointment. Makeup Lady, or ML, was professional, knowledgeable, and had me looking like a magic fairy within the allotted forty-five minutes.

In between applying all forms of chemicals to my face, ML answered Special K's beauty interrogations. Special K loves makeup and trains herself via YouTube, but her homegrown knowledge proved no match for one of Sephora' s operatives. ML told her, in no uncertain terms: SPF is okay, liquid foundation is superior to powder, these are the brushes you must have, et cetera.

At the end of the session, everything that touched my face went into a little box, and we jaunted off to the cashier. We used Special K's Beauty Insider card for the Super Sikrot 15% discount. Our purchase entitled her to a VIB card. That's like being able to stay at the MGM Grand for free because you gamble so much.

Special K, conscientious grad student, tried to return some items so my credit card would stop screaming, but I assured her it was okay. After all, I'm going to win the lottery any day now. Yup... anyyy... dayyy...

We went back to my place and she replicated what ML did in thirty minutes. Truly, Special K is an artist. See, this is why I opted for a friend instead of a salon -- I trust Special K with my face, and she'll be around all evening for touchups! Whoop whoop!

We agreed that the price I paid for all my bridal makeup was worth it, because they would last me a long time. Before we went to Sephora, I only owned crappy eyeliner and mascara. This was my first major makeup purchase, and it's probably comparable to what a normal female human buys in a year. I had to look at it as a long term investment.


To look at least 12% prettier on my wedding day (one month away! eeeek!), I bought:
  • Three shades of eye makeup
  • Three brushes for eye makeup
  • Concealer
  • Brush for concealer
  • Primer
  • Foundation
  • Brush for primer and foundation
  • Rouge
  • Lipstick
  • Brush for lipstick
  • Lip gloss
Total: $443.43

---

"You still wake up sometimes, don't you? You wake up in the dark and hear the screaming of your bank account."

"Yes."

(The Silence of the Funds, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment