'Twas a fun evening, but it ended badly for me. Now that my brain is working again, here's a list of warning signs to stop. Mixing. Drinks. Just stahp. Stahp.
How to Tell When You've Had Too Much to Drink at Your Oscars Party
- You keep using the word "amazing" to describe everything.
- You're so loud that the loudest person in the room keeps looking at you.
- You take a sip of sweet wine, briefly pause to consider that you hate sweet wine, then down the entire glass.
- You only vaguely remember what happened in between Octavia Spencer announcing Best Supporting Actor and Meryl Streep walking onstage.
- You upchuck the contents of your stomach when everyone leaves, like you're still in college. Gahd.
- You wake up the next morning and want to die immediately.
Naturally, Fragrant Mother cackled with glee when I confessed my sins and swore never to touch alcohol again. "Lasenggera (alcoholic)!" she declared. Well, it would be impolite to prove a mother wrong, non?
In other news, there's a rumor going around my office that I lost weight. It must be from being a moron, somehow.
...I'll take it. In the meantime, I hope everyone enjoys/enjoyed their Hump Day!