Monday, June 25, 2012

The Other Sexy

"For women, their list of hot men includes a dad who waits at the corner bus stop with his toddler son and places him on the bus with a kiss atop the head and waves goodbye as the bus drives away. This man could be thirty pounds overweight and wearing a goofy hat. Women will still find him sexy."
-Denis Leary, Why We Suck

It's true. My gender programming is such that I swoon whenever Boyfriend utters these words:

"Can you teach me the recipe of this mango dessert? I'd like to make it sometime."
"I cleaned the house while you were sleeping. Here's breakfast."
"I'll take care of the litter box. You just relax."
"Sure, you can play another 100 hours of Xenoblade."

Ladies, you know what I'm talking 'bout, right? "Sexy" means awesome at life. "Sexy" means considerate. A sexy man cooks, cleans, and cares.

I wonder, is the opposite true for men, i.e. is it all about looks? What I'm really asking is, can my cleavage alone sustain a relationship, with a little help from Victoria's Secret? 

No comments:

Post a Comment