Sunday, April 8, 2012

A Game of What?


Boyfriend took me to PAX East for an entire weekend of gaming fun. Now, I used to think I was old school because I still played SNES games, but Boyfriend is a tabletop gamer. (= Dungeons & Dragons. ...No, no, don't run away!)

Moving on. We sat down to demo A Game of Thrones, and the rules confused me but I soldiered on because I knew that if I was good, Boyfriend would get me swag (stuff we all get, aka merchandise). We stopped the demo after a few turns because there was a girl at the table who was getting angrier by the second at her boyfriend, who kept ignoring her. She had no eyebrows, but made up for the fact by having pure hatred shoot out of her eyes. I am not even kidding.

If you haven't checked out A Game of Thrones the board game, don't. Just watch the HBO show, because at least then all the deception, betrayal, and incest are done by attractive people. Remember: beauty means never having to say you're sorry.

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming of cat comics. I might sneak in a slice-of-life puff piece here and there.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment