Monday, March 5, 2012

Game Review: I FINISHED SKYWARD SWORD.

And I'm glad I was alone when I fought the insanely fast and powerful final boss, because I almost cried like a little girl when he beat me the first time. I blame the Wii controls for being too slow to respond to my lightning-quick movements!


Anyway, I saved the world, da dee da, and on the above screen shot is the "servant of the goddess" who is talking about nuclear power, I mean, the triforce. (In the Legend of Zelda series, the triforce is a three-part object that, when combined, grants the wish of the user. It's like the Dragon Balls, but with only three Balls.)

Because, in the right hands, nuclear power the triforce is beneficent, providing (relatively) clean energy plentifully and efficiently peace. In the wrong hands, nuclear power the triforce can eff things up for everyone. So the best thing to do, really, is to develop new and even more efficient, clean, and sustainable energy sources that won't create Godzilla every time an 8.9 earthquake hits, I mean, seal up the triforce so it doesn't get misused, at least until another villain digs it up and tries to conquer the world, how tedious.

So today's lesson is: seek and ye shall find meaningful allegories!

Fun fact: Princess Zelda is named after Zelda Fitzgerald née Sayre, wife of alcoholic novelist F. Scott Fitzgerald. The name is the only thing they share, since Princess Zelda is typically a sweet person/holy maiden who will suddenly bust out a bow and arrows in your time of need, and Mrs. Fitzgerald, um, was diagnosed with schizophrenia and died in a hospital fire.

So, yeah.

The point is, I finished Skyward Sword. Next: Twilight Princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment