Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Monsoon Begins...

... in more ways than one. Next time you talk to me, ask me about the morning of July 1st. And the night before, as well. It's really important to have a sense of humor here, such as when, to pull an example out of the air, you stay up half the night assembling binders for people using your laptop as a light since the workmen forgot to plug a wire back in and you now have no power, and then you wake up in the morning and happily present the binders, only to be told you have to book it to the office to make photocopies, then you come back to deliver said copies only to be asked about those other ones sent via e-mail, then you run back to the office to do those, and then have the rickshaw driver get lost on the way back, and then... ha! ha! ha!!! I pity the foo'.

On a different note, the days and nights are cooler now that the monsoons have come. The air is cleaner, the sounds of traffic are hushed by the rains, and soon I shall win a wet shalwar kameez contest.

Went to Chittagong Club for dinner. Here are some pictures. One is a random kitty, the center is the most delicious fish EVER, and the last one is some buttered naan, so yummy that I was stuffing my face with it and the waiter, after taking away all the other plates, made it a point to put the remaining naan right under my nose. I think people get the impression that I'm a chow hound, I can't imagine why.

I'll end this blog on a profound note. Ooga booga booga.

I'm so tired. My English skillz are slipping. I keep dropping articles when I talk: "I-will-go-to-bathroom-now. Will-you-answer-telephone-while-I-am-gone?"

Ha! Ha! Ha! (collapses)

No comments:

Post a Comment